Speak & Connect – Discover Session
The basic version of our flagship course! This one-day workshop is focused on introducing a fresh approach to communicating; one that combines information with visuals, experiences, and stories to connect with an audience in a credible captivating manner.
Students will quickly gain powerful presentation skills that ‘stick,’ enabling ideas to come across clearly and persuasively.
They will walk away armed with basic tools and techniques that can immediately be put into practice to engage customers, colleagues and employees.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Business professionals who make presentations to close deals, sell products and services, promote ideas, educate and motivate customers and colleagues, or face microphones and cameras.
This one day workshop gives participants:
- Tips and techniques to maximize personal presence.
- Ways to use voice, gestures, eye contact, movement, and body language
- The ability to present ideas with confidence, credibility, and enthusiasm.
- Ideas to open with impact.
- Ways to engage an audience.
- The Do’s and Dont’s of slide presentation software. (PowerPoint®)
- Techniques to create slides that are clear, crisp, and high-impact.
- A sure-fire method to assess the effectiveness of slides.
- Tips for interacting with the technology.
- The 5 Steps to organizing and creating an effective presentation.
- Methods for dealing with public speaking anxiety.
- Effective ways to close presentations.
It takes work to bring new ideas to life. Various activities throughout the day will provide tools and guidance to bolster Creative Confidence.
- Explore the power of the Voice
- Group Breakout: Practice simplifying messages and creatively engaging the audience.
- Slide Test: What works and what doesn’t.
- Working Memory Demonstration
- Workbook for ease of learning and organization throughout the day.
- A durable laminated TalkTips™ reference card.
A Pre and Post Self-Assessment tool will be used to gauge the impact the course has on students’ communication ability, confidence, and style.